Well, when three of one’s blog friends who aren’t technically members of The Classics Club sign up for Classics Spin #5 ( a way to help you choose your next classic), it kinda shames one into signing up oneself.
I’ll stop writing like that now.
Here’s my (randomly chosen) list, from my larger List o’ 51, for the Wheel of Fortune to choose from on Monday:
- Homer, The Iliad
- Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D’Urbervilles
- Anne Brontë, Agnes Grey
- Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
- Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
- Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
- Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
- Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart
- Sherwood Anderson, Winesburg, Ohio
- Robertson Davies, The Rebel Angels
- Edgar Lee Masters, Spoon River Anthology
- Willa Cather, O Pioneers!
- Wilkie Collins, The Woman in White
- Doris Lessing, The Golden Notebook
- Iris Murdoch, The Sea, The Sea
- James Baldwin, Another Country
- Wallace Stegner, Angle of Repose
- Flannery O’Connor, Wise Blood
- Sherman Alexie, The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven
- Charles Dickens, Great Expectations
Wish me luck!