Classics Club Spin #5 — which landed me with Great Expectations — was, to my surprise, a great success, and I liked reading The Iliad for Spin #6, so I’m throwing my hat into the ring again. Same list, just swapped in a new number 1.
Here’s my (randomly chosen) list, from my larger List o’ 51, for the Wheel of Fortune to choose from on Monday:
- Homer, The Odyssey
- Thomas Hardy, Tess of the D’Urbervilles
- Anne Brontë, Agnes Grey
- Nathaniel Hawthorne, The Scarlet Letter
- Henry Miller, Tropic of Cancer
- Ray Bradbury, The Martian Chronicles
- Margaret Atwood, The Blind Assassin
- Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart
- Sherwood Anderson, Winesburg, Ohio
- Robertson Davies, The Rebel Angels
- Edgar Lee Masters, Spoon River Anthology
- Willa Cather, O Pioneers!
- Wilkie Collins, The Woman in White
- Doris Lessing, The Golden Notebook
- Iris Murdoch, The Sea, The Sea
- James Baldwin, Another Country
- Wallace Stegner, Angle of Repose
- Flannery O’Connor, Wise Blood
- Sherman Alexie, The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven
- Vladimir Nabokov, Pale Fire
Wish me luck!
8 thoughts on “Classics Club Spin # 7”
Hoping for no. 6 😀
And I wish you a happy number 11!
My favourite in this list is Scarlet Letter…great classic! I would be curious about Murdoch’s The Sea, the sea.
I would dread…T. Hardy, his writing is an acquired taste. Hope you get something you like!
Love The Scarlet Letter! It’s been years since I read it. Thank you for stopping by and for reading!
Great list I would cheer for 1, 12, or 18, but I would be curious to hear how you like Winesburg, Ohio. Good luck with your spin!
Thank you! I ended up with Angle of Repose, which I’m looking forward to 🙂
I think the spin was 17 this time, right? I wanted Angle of Repose! I hope you enjoy it. I’ve heard so many wonderful things about it.
Me too! I’m excited to read it!